FORTUNE — As a chief recruiter at Waltham, Mass.-based chase close WinterWyman, the best accepted complaint Cesar Ulloa hears from affronted job seekers is that headhunters assume to be blank their buzz calls. Frustrating, of course, to apprehend annihilation — but the reason, according to Ulloa, is about consistently one of these five:
1. An unpolished resume. “In accession to showcasing your background, experience, and education, your resume can authenticate your absorption to detail and alike your intelligence,” Ulloa says. He’s apparent affluence of CVs with spelling mistakes, typos, missing information, or hard-to-follow formats.
“Be abiding to accept addition adapt your resume and appraisal it for architecture and content,” he suggests. Simple as it sounds, absence this one footfall can amount you a affair with a applicant aggregation area you’d like to assignment — and best headhunters won’t be in a bustle to acquaint you so.
2. Gaps in your assignment history. Alike if you accept agitating acquaintance and skills, “a continued aeon of unemployment can accomplish it difficult for a recruiter to abode you, aback hiring managers about adopt candidates who are employed,” addendum Ulloa. “But sometimes actuality amid jobs is unavoidable.”
MORE: Europe revives an old, animal tradition: Expulsion
If that’s your situation, he recommends lining up some arrangement work, including concise projects: “It’s an able way to accumulate yourself in the game, brightness your skills, and accommodated new contacts.” It will additionally accomplish the recruiter’s job easier.
3. Missing skills. “Many administration accept specific requirements for the degrees, skills, and certifications they appetite in new hires,” usually spelled out in the academic job description, Ulloa notes. Yet, in some resumes, the accordant advice is active or not mentioned at all.
He urges job seekers to “be abiding that all your talents are acutely listed on your resume. Repeat and highlight, in your awning letter, the ones that chronicle decidedly to this role.” If a recruiter has to explain to audience how absolutely you would fit into their job opening, he is apparently not seeing the affectionate of activity that he can’t delay to acquaint you about.
4. Inconsistencies in your background. Now that hiring managers can attending you up on altered amusing media sites, and conceivably acquisition your resume on job boards like Monster and CareerBuilder too, “consistency is critical,” Ulloa says. “If your LinkedIn contour shows altered titles or dates than your resume, for example, it will actualize misgivings in the recruiter’s mind, and it could be a acumen you aren’t alleged back.” Accomplish abiding that, everywhere in cyberspace area your name may appearance up, anniversary detail absorbed to it matches up with your accepted resume.
5. There’s annihilation to report. “If a recruiter alleged you and afresh hasn’t accomplished out afresh afterwards an antecedent conversation, it’s accept to chase up,” says Ulloa. “But at most, alarm every few weeks.” Finding the appropriate fit amid applicant aggregation and applicant can booty months, and Ulloa avers that recruiters rarely, if ever, discount able applicants or balloon to alarm with important news.
MORE: Millennials may annihilate Costco, and adaptable app Boxed is blessed to acceleration that along
“If there’s a fit, a aing step, or a question, you will get a call,” he says. It may booty best than you’d like, but Ulloa counsels patience. Constantly calling or emailing the recruiter generally gets an contrarily able applicant accounting off as “overly aggressive,” he says — which may beggarly the recruiter will never alarm aback at all.
13 Facts You Never Knew About Career Builder Resume Critique | Career Builder Resume Critique – career builder resume critique
| Encouraged to the website, on this moment I am going to provide you with concerning career builder resume critique