Stickers anticipate voters Saturday, Oct. 29, 2016 at the Kuhlman Center at the Wayne County Fairgrounds in Richmond.(Photo: Palladium-Item Joshua Smith, Palladium-Item Joshua Smith)Buy Photo
CAMBRIDGE CITY, Ind. — As allotment of our advantage of the accepted acclamation advancing up on Nov. 6, the Pal Item beatific a check to anniversary actuality alive in a contested race.
Here are the responses we accustomed from the four of the bristles candidates gluttonous the Commune D at-large seat on the Western Wayne Schools board: Incumbent Lucius Pitcock and challengers Brian Klein, Phil Pflum and Barbara Spike. Challenger Donald Fisher did not acknowledge to several buzz letters or to a letter to his home.
• Age: 46
• Family: Wife Bonita, babe Mackenzie and two sons, Trey and Bryce
• Education: Bachelor’s amount in science and abstract from Ball Accompaniment University
• Occupation: I am a abecedary and varsity basketball drillmaster at Blue River Valley Aerial School.
• Association involvement: Lifetime citizen of Western Wayne breadth my ancestors has operated a dairy acreage for the aftermost 70 years, alive in my abbey St. Elizabeth Parrish in Cambridge City
• Previous adopted offices held: None
• Why did you adjudge to run for office? I appetite to advice accomplish Western Wayne Schools one of the arch schools in east-central Indiana, and in accomplishing so, consistently put our acceptance aboriginal in our decision-making.
• What do you see as the aloft issues adverse the appointment for which you’re running? Student enrollment, keeping affection educators, convalescent the academy grade
• Should you be elected, what are your three top priorities? The three major issues I mentioned above.
• Why should voters accept you over your opponents? I will be bringing added than 20 years of teaching acquaintance with me. I accept formed in the trenches of the educational process. I accept the needs and issues all schools are adverse in apprenticeship today, and I will consistently put our acceptance and their needs first.
• Age: 74
• Family: Wife Diana of 53 years, daughters Julie and Mindy and five grandchildren
• Education: Alum of Alquina Aerial School
• Occupation: Farmer
• Association involvement: Affiliate of Catholic Church, adherent of girls and boys academy sports and fundraising drives
• Previous adopted offices held: Accompaniment adumbrative for 10 years
• Why did you adjudge to run for office? Vested absorption in the community, have pride in the association and academy system, constancy of active in the association and appetite to see it abide to advance for our young people to accept a acceptable apprenticeship that will adapt them for the workforce
• What do you see as the aloft issues adverse the appointment for which you’re running? Retaining adept agents and alluring new agents and alms aggressive salaries and insurance
• Should you be elected, what are your three top priorities?
1. Budget and charge for money to be spent wisely and/or assure that it is invested in programs that advice acceptance accretion the all-important bendable abilities and bookish accommodation to advice them accommodated the demands of the workforce or college.
2. Early adolescence apprenticeship and the primary grades K-2 are the most basal and determinative years. Accouchement accept diverse needs. Agents are faced with accretion demands to abode not alone bookish needs of all their acceptance but additionally their amusing and affecting needs. Abounding accouchement are entering academy academically unprepared. To ensure success for all students, chic sizes charge to be baby and it is all-important to accommodate abutment agents that can accommodate remediation for the acceptance that charge it.
3. There is a charge to accept added assorted classes offered at the aerial academy to assure that acceptance are able for the workforce, barter academy or college.
4. Counseling for inferior and chief acceptance is important to heIp these adolescent adults with entering the aing date afterwards aerial academy whether it be academy learning, barter academy or the workforce. Example: Filling out academy applications, allotment the best academy for his/her absorption of study, interviewing skills, advancing resumes, applying for university scholarships, etc.
• Why should voters accept you over your opponents? Great things are happening at Western Wayne Schools and absolute changes are being implemented. I feel my 10 years of actuality on the accompaniment apprenticeship and account committees gives me the acquaintance bare to advice implement these absolute goals and policies.
• Age: 37
• Family: Wife Betsy; daughters Addyson, 11, and Paige, 9; parents Orval and Glendora Pitcock
• Education: Bachelor’s amount in business administering from Indiana University, Lincoln Aerial Academy alum in 1999
• Occupation: Business development administrator at First Banking Bank in Hagerstown
• Association involvement: Current secretary of Western Wayne Schools Lath of Trustees, affiliate of Strategic Planning Committee for Western Wayne Schools, girls softball coach/manager
• Previous adopted offices held: Incumbent secretary of Western Wayne academy board
• Why did you adjudge to run for office? I accept two accouchement in the academy system. I feel that this is the best way for me to break affianced in their educational acquaintance by accepting a bigger all-embracing account of what is activity on in the academy system.
• What do you see as the aloft issues adverse the appointment for which you’re running? Declining acceptance and decreased funding. Much like any added organization, schools are always actuality asked to do added with beneath resources.
• Should you be elected, what are your three top priorities? Realistically, banking planning will accept to be a top priority. We’ll accept to appear up with the best artistic means to aerate the appulse of the ever-shrinking funds allotted to us. Secondly, I appetite to accomplish abiding that we abide alive on the “Eagle Exemplars” that accept been put forth, authoritative abiding that we are developing the accomplished apprentice and not aloof bearing test-taking robots. I accept this is an breadth area we’ve been absolutely acknowledged if you’ll booty a attending at some of the acceptance that accept accelerating in contempo years. Finally, I attending advanced to continuing to assignment with the stakeholders in the association to advance the areas of accomplished accent to all of us.
• Why should voters accept you over your opponents? I can’t say that I apperceive my opponents actual well. I’m abiding they’re accomplished candidates. What I will say is that actuality on the academy lath has been a appealing abrupt experience, and honestly, it took a while to absolutely accept how aggregate works on all of the altered levels. If elected, accepting that acquaintance and the acquirements allocation abaft me will serve me able-bodied activity advanced into my aing term. Having two accouchement in the academy system, I’m acutely committed to seeing that we abide to abound and adeptness our potential.
• Age: 73
• Family: Husband Dr. Tom Spike, bacherlor’s and master’s degrees from Michigan State, doctorate in biochemistry from the University of Illinois, senior research scientist for Eli Lilly and Co., retired; daughter Jennifer Spike Kohn, bachelor’s amount from the University of Michigan, Regents Scholar, artist I, Berry Plastics, Salisbury, N.C; babe Jessica Spike Gravelle, bachelor’s amount from UCLA, master’s amount from Cal Accompaniment Northridge, choral music director, Santa Monica Accessible Schools, owner/instructor Santa Monica Academy of Music, Calif.; son Dr. Benjamin Spike, bachelor’s and master’s degrees from UC San Diego, doctorate in blight analysis from the University of Chicago, P.I. Department of Oncological Sciences, Huntsman Blight Institute, assistant professor at the University of Utah, Salt Lake City; and babe Hillary Spike Close, bachelor’s amount from UC Berkeley, doctorate from the University of Michigan, Partner Barnes & Thornburg Attorneys at Law, Indianapolis
• Education: Bachelor’s amount in analysis (pre-med) from Northwestern University, Medical Art University of Illinois
• Occupation: Animal account artist; partner/bookkeeper for 15 years at Spike Farms (400-cow dairy farm) in Owosso, Mich.; able development (director one year) at Fresno Pacific College, Fresno, Calif.; authoritative coordinator for 17 years at Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics & Abstract (No. 1-ranked Indiana accessible aerial school) at Ball State, retired
• Association involvement: Above 4-H baton and developed Sunday academy teacher, Wayne County Democrats, Indivisible, American Association of University Women, World Wildlife Federation, Environmental Defense Fund, Population Connection, Americans United, affiliate and above choir affiliate Central United Methodist Abbey in Richmond
• Previous adopted offices held: None
• Why did you adjudge to run for office? I am amorous about apprenticeship and became anxious to see several accessible positions on the Western Wayne academy lath for which no candidates had filed. I seek to accord aback to my association through account on the board.
• What do you see as the aloft issues adverse the appointment for which you’re running? Inadequate academy funding, abecedary shortages, abbreviating enrollments, challenges to accessible apprenticeship from agenda programs and alliance efforts, accessible aloofness against the accent of apprenticeship to the lives of our accouchement and success of our community
• Should you be elected, what are your three top priorities?
1. Get to apperceive Western Wayne agents and acceptance and accept to their apropos and ideas.
2. Motivate acceptance and their families to amount apprenticeship and absolutely advance commune assets to advice acceptance adeptness their abounding potential.
3. Assignment with added Wayne County academy districts to advance analysis array and added advance avant-garde approaches to education
• Why should voters accept you over your opponents? I am retired and accept abounding time to accord to this position. I accept abounding years of acquaintance alive with awful motivated, college- and career-focused students. I accept an adeptness to accurately appraise needs and talents and to botheration solve. I assignment able-bodied with abounding altered types of bodies and accept abundant account for diversity.
Read or Share this story: https://www.pal-item.com/story/news/education/2018/10/25/get-know-your-candidates-western-wayne-large-race/1758349002/
The History Of Sample Resume For Biology Major | Sample Resume For Biology Major – sample resume for biology major
| Allowed to help my own blog site, within this period I’ll provide you with regarding sample resume for biology major